2.17.2007

Parrots of the World

As kids, Ken and I used to go to the same pet store to obsess over the fruit bat that they had there. Today, after meeting mommy's mommy (apparently what I used to call my grandmother as a baby) and mommy's mommy's mommy (the same grandmother's new title) for lunch, we took the little biscuit to the same store. It's WAY cooler now. There were a few owls, a raven, a kookaburra, a whole mess of other birds and animals and the same damn twenty-year-old fruit bat. I didn't know it was this guy's store. Ken's back was turned and heard him talking from across the room and knew who it was.

In his big ol' noggin, Ken has a tremendous catalog of people's voices. When watching a cartoon, he can identify the voice of an unknown actor who had a ten second, walk-on role in an obscure 1970s sitcom that was cancelled after two episodes. Even creepier, he can also do this in reverse. Every time I run to check teh internets, and every time he's right. I can barely identify my own freaking family when they're on the phone!
Posted by Picasa

No comments: