5.19.2011

So far, so good


Things are going well here in Houston. Baylor is amazing.  We'll be here cooling our heels until some follow-up appointments on Monday that will clarify our next course of action. Still ridiculously stressful, but much less stressful than the last time around because we already know we're in caring and capable hands. Never been away from either of my kids for even a night before, so this kinda hurts.  First time in a Ronald McDonald House which has been both amazing and so overwhelming for reasons other than our own (instantly small) problems. A real reality check.
After some very positive appointments and not a scrap to eat during the day, we went out for the obligatory Tex-Mex.  I have never passed up a piece of pecan pie. Never, not even once. Behold the best pie that I have ever had in my entire life:




Moist, not cloyingly sweet and pecans as big as my thumb...and yes, I can think of food at a time like this, I'm preggo!

Posted by Picasa

No comments: